Friday, August 31, 2007

One day we had a meeting in the Tagbilaran, Bohol, church house. After the meeting was over all the missionaries were outside, but I stayed inside to sweep the floor and make sure everything was clean. Two of these boys were peaking at me through the open door, so I talked to them. They had just finished school across the street, and they wanted to play basketball in the church parking lot, but there were no basketballs. They asked me if I had a basketball. I was sorry I didn't, but I gave them each 5 pesos so they could get some snacks. That made me their friend! After they got the snacks they came back to thank me. By then I was finished cleaning up, so I sat by them on the stairs and talked with them. They are very good at speaking English. I had fun talking with them. I told them why I was living in the Philippines, and that our missionaries had a very important message for their families. I asked them that if they saw missionaries close to their house, to let the missionaries come in and teach them. They said they would. I hope some of them will join the Church and become missionaries, too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: